2012年9月14日 星期五

Call centres¬¬¬¬¬

Call centres are popularly used nowadays for companies that are planning to cut budgets down. Is it a useful way? Yes. Call centres are moved to poorer countries like western Asia, Africa or South America. It does cut the expenditures awful lot.

**************************************************************************
No offense to all citizens in poorer country, what I want to say is aiming for all company heads of communication. Please don’t be offended and I am not discriminating any nation.
**************************************************************************

Think about it, what is the use of communication? Someone speaks and someone receives the message. It is simple but it is not. Some companies are putting their call centre into a country that people speaks poor English. With poor spoken English, how can the listener on the phone receive the message? Maybe some may have noticed that talking over the phone does make the voice not so clear. And when it adds to terribly spoken English, it makes it even difficult.

Once, I have a problem with my ink cartage. I phoned the ink cartage provider (one of the biggest companies in the world to sell computer and printer- with only two letters in their brand name) for supports. The staff of the call centre speaks terrible English and I am not sure what she is talking about. Not to mention her rudeness when I ask her to repeat, she knows nothing about the product, just providing me a website to find solutions. To be honest, is it the right way of a call centre?

Let’s say a company put their English spoken help line to China where people barely can speak fluent English, do you think it works? The speaker will be so hard to explain himself and the listener will be hard to grasp what the staff wants to say. I am not expecting much from a call centre. A call centre with a fluent speaker and providing information that I need is just a basic standard.  

沒有留言:

張貼留言