2012年9月1日 星期六

Farewell, Facebook!


It is my first day not logging into Facebook after using it for at least 3 years. Well, I created my Facebook account dated back to 2008 but not using it until May 2009. The reason I started using Facebook in 2009 is to save precious moments in my old school. And here comes blogger~~~

At first, Facebook was really a good platform to communicate with friends and long lost friends. However, Facebook eventually changed the look of the page and I started hating the new looks. Every new function was just as complicated as hell. After Facebook forced me to change my profile to the new “timeline”, I was planning to close my Facebook page but I didn’t as Facebook did bring me joy before. In the hate and love situation, I decided that if anyone disappoint me with Facebook in the future, I will stop using it. After struggling in this “hate and love” situation for a month, finally, one of my best friends angers me on Facebook on the 31th of August. The reason that angers me is that I could not get immediate reply from the chatting messages. Although it seems like that it is not a good reason to hate one, it is tiring to starling at the screen, waiting for a single reply. Yes, he did reply me but I need to wait for at least 5 minutes for one single message to pop out. I did warn him before for a faster pace of replying but there are no improvements. For me, chatting message act like speaking to one by words and I am expecting immediate reply from that person. On the other hand, e-mail is not a chatting system where immediate reply is not necessary.

However, the worst had not yet come out. I am shocked by the messages after I put a post that I will not be on Facebook. One friend of mine said,” don’t be so childish” and stating that I am smaller than him. Yes, indeed, I am exactly one year smaller than him but I thought he had already accepted the fact that I am smaller than him but studying in the same year. It makes it worse by that friend whom had anger me at first writes out only part of the reason that I stop using Facebook (the only part that “just because i cant reply him every message on time...”). He does not seem to not to have any guilt at all and it is just not the whole fact. The most important of all is he does not keep what i have told him private. He even replied the post that “never will he really grow up...” This is the most disappointing sentence ever in my entire life. I thought a best friend of mine will understand me but it turns out I am wrong. How disappointing it is!!!

沒有留言:

張貼留言